New to Teaching Workshop for Early Career Historians
Date: Tuesday 11 September 2018, 10:00-16:30
Location: Institute Of Historical Research, Malet Street, London, WC1E 7HU
In the past 4 years, the IHR, History UK and the RHS have been staging events to support early career historians. Participants at this one-day event will develop their understanding of innovations in teaching and learning, curriculum design, assessment and feedback, quality assurance, teaching seminar groups, using digital technology in the undergraduate classroom and preparing for the academic job market.
This event was sponsored by the RHS and free to attend.
Presenters and titles included:
- Helen Rogers (Liverpool John Moores): Teaching with Social Media Helen Rogers-1wbup70
- Catherine Armstrong (Loughborough)
- James Baker (Sussex)
- Peter D’Sena (Hertfordshire and IHR): Decoding the Disciplines and Backward Design
- Max Jones (Manchester): The Lecture
- Jamie Wood (Lincoln): Small Group Teaching
Should you have any queries, please contact Peter by e-mail: email@example.com